At Brands For The People we recognize that privacy is important. This Policy applies to all of the products and services offered by Brands For The People (collectively, “services”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT:
We offer a number of services that may not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. However, in order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a account or other service that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services, such as our advertising programs, we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. All such information will be used only for the purposes for which it was provided.
- Log information – When you use services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear Gifs Information – When you use the services, we may employ “clear gifs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- User communications – When you send email or other communication to, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links – may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
Brands For The People processes personal information on our servers in the United States and Canada. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
CHOICES FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you sign up for a service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use personal information for purposes other than those described in this Policy or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case may not be able to provide those services to you.
Brands For The People only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We provide such information to our affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request,
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or
- protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Brands For The People, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations subject to enforcement, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Brands For The People processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information, either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Brands For The People regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy orBrands For The People’s treatment of personal information by contacting us through this web site.
- your use of the Website Service is solely for your personal use;
- you will not alter or modify any part of the Website Service other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website Service for its intended purpose; and
In order to access some features of the Website Service, you will have to create an account. You may never use another’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify Brands For The People immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Although Brands For The People will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of Brands For The People or others due to such unauthorized use.
Brands For The People reserves the right to establish data transfer restrictions and/or limit the total amount of data transfer associated with your account. User accounts may be closed by Brands For The People should the total amount of data transfer exceed an amount deemed excessive in Brands For The People’s sole discretion.
You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., that accesses the Website Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the Brands For The People servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Brands For The People grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Brands For The People reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Website.
In order to post or publish User Submissions on the Website, you will be required to encode your media data by downloading and installing the Brands For The People software. For these limited purposes only, you are hereby granted a revocable non-exclusive licence to use the Brands For The People software for the sole purpose of encoding digital audiovisual material in order to create User Submissions for the Website. Brands For The People makes no warranty concerning the functionality of the Brands For The People software on any individual computer and expressly disclaims any and all liability for any problem which may be caused to your computer or damage of any kind incurred by you resulting from your use of the Brands For The People software. You hereby waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against Brands For The People with respect to your use thereof.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The content on the Brands For The People Website, except for User Submissions, including the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, and interactive features (“Content”) and the trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to , subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under Canadian law and international conventions. Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without prior written consent and/or payment of the applicable licence fee to the owners. Brands For The People reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website Service and the Content. You agree not to engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of User Submissions of third parties obtained through the Website. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Brands For The People Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Brands For The People Website or the Content therein.
The Brands For The People Website Service may permit the submission of videos or other communications submitted by you and other users (“User Submissions”) and the hosting, sharing, and publishing of such User Submissions. Brands For The People may also establish categories for User Submissions based on intended use, such as Private where User Submissions are not shared, Invited where there is an invitation to view and/or share and Public. You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published and regardless of category, Brands For The People does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any such submissions. You also understand and agree that Brands For The People may place advertising on the Website in conjunction with User Submissions.
You are solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. For all User Submissions you submit which are intended for public use, you represent and warrant that:
For User Submissions you submit, you further agree that you will not:
- submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade mark or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant Brands For The People all of the license rights granted herein;
- publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage Brands For The People or any third party;
- submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate;
- post advertisements or solicitations of business;
- impersonate another person.
You understand that when using the Brands For The People Website Service, you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and that Brands For The People is not responsible for and makes no warranties concerning the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Submissions. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you hereby waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against Brands For The People with respect thereto.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Brands For The People Website may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Brands For The People and Brands For The People assumes no responsibility for these third party websites. By using the Website, you expressly discharge Brands For The People from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY
You agree that your use of the Brands For The People Website Service is at your sole risk. Brands For The People makes no warranty concerning bugs, viruses, Trojan horses or similar problems which may be transmitted to or through the Website Service by any third party, or concerning damage of any kind incurred resulting from use of the Website Service. Brands For The People does not endorse and is not responsible for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Website Service or any hyper-linked website.
In no event shall Brands For The People, its officers, directors, employees or agents be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages resulting from any claim, injury or damage incurred by you from your use of the Website, Content or Brands For The People software.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Brands For The People its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to legal fees) arising from:
- your use of and access to the Brands For The People Website Service;
- your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or